Workers return to work after more than 2 days of collective strike
Thanh Hoa - After some recommendations and questions were resolved by businesses, workers have returned to work after more than 2 days of collective work stoppage.
On August 6, in an exchange with a reporter from Lao Dong Newspaper, a representative of the leadership of the Thanh Hoa Provincial Labor Federation (LĐLĐ) said that after more than 2 days of work stoppage to propose some contents related to salaries, overtime pay and regimes during the work stoppage period, workers of Trung Son International Investment Co., Ltd. (in Thach Lap commune, Thanh Hoa province) have returned to work.
Previously, at noon on August 4, about 800 workers at Trung Son International Investment Co., Ltd. stopped working collectively to petition about salaries and how to calculate overtime hours.
Immediately after grasping information about workers stopping work, the Thanh Hoa Provincial Labor Federation coordinated with the Provincial Police, the Department of Home Affairs and functional agencies to directly work with business leaders, the Executive Committee of grassroots trade unions and workers to verify the causes and summarize opinions and recommendations.

At the same time, functional agencies request businesses to urgently consider and resolve the recommendations in a receptive spirit, in accordance with legal regulations.
Through meetings and exchanges, functional agencies determined that the workers' recommendations mainly related to overtime salaries, especially overtime hours lasting over 2 hours; the adjustment of the basic salary level and salary and allowance regime for days when workers stop working.
Based on the opinions of employees and the results of working with functional agencies, on August 6, the company's leaders issued an official notice to respond to the recommendations.
Regarding overtime pay, the enterprise accepts the employee's proposal and adjusts the overtime pay. The content of the adjustment is shown in the employee's total payroll.
Regarding the adjustment of the basic salary level, the company said that it will base on the Government's decree on adjusting the regional minimum wage in 2027 to develop a suitable plan. After the Government issues new regulations, the enterprise will publicly announce to all employees.
According to a representative of the Thanh Hoa Provincial Labor Federation, in the process of resolving the case, trade union officials directly met and listened to the thoughts and aspirations of workers; propagated and explained the provisions of labor law; mobilized workers to remain calm, not to have excessive behavior, not to let bad actors take advantage of and incite, affecting security, order and long-term rights of workers.
Along with requesting businesses to seriously receive and resolve legitimate recommendations, the Trade Union organization also analyzes to help workers understand their responsibility to comply with labor regulations.
By the afternoon of August 6, after being fully informed about the work results and commitments of the enterprise, workers agreed to return to work.
Mr. Nguyen Xuan Tuan - Head of Policy and Law Department, Thanh Hoa Provincial Labor Federation - said that the return of workers to work demonstrates the effectiveness of coordination between the Trade Union organization and functional agencies in promptly grasping the situation, organizing dialogues, and removing problems arising from the grassroots level.
Thereby, both protecting the legitimate and lawful rights and interests of workers and accompanying businesses to stabilize production, build harmonious, stable and progressive labor relations.
See the original here